Able, Gifted & Talented
We are very proud of the provision we make for children identified as Able, Gifted & Talented (A,G&T) at St Francis Of Assisi.
We keep a register of children who have been identified as able and/or talented, which is continuously updated and revised termly.
Our provision, which is continuously developing, includes:
* providing teaching which makes learning challenging and enjoyable and enables our more and most able pupils to achieve their potential.
* extension groups in all year groups across the school.
* a wide range of after school clubs that provide enjoyment and challenge to nurture children's gifts and talents. Chess, baking, guitar, choir are just a few of our clubs on offer. Our wide range of sports clubs, include football, tennis, table tennis, archery and curling.
* working in partnership with Our Lady Queen Of Peace High School. This includes an engineering day for Y5/6 pupils, sessions delivered by the maths department to a group of able Y6 mathematicians as well as their staff delivering Art, Spanish, Japanese and Science lessons to Y5 & 6 pupils.
* a maths challenge evening for able mathematicians in Y6 at Lathom High School
* Able, Gifted & Talented events provided by the WLSSP (West Lancashire School Sport Partnership) in all areas of PE.
* St Francis Of Assisi school talent show - every year we hold our own talent show, providing an opportunity for children to demonstrate their (sometimes hidden) talents!
Able, Gifted & Talented Photographs
The St Francis of Assisi Choir has been running for 2 years now and is increasing in popularity. It takes commitment and dedication to attend an after school club on a Friday (as the weekend is starting) but because of this our choir is going from strength to strength. Hopefully in December we will possibly get some more 'Christmas gigs' as we did in the past at a local garden center. In March we shall be attending the Young Voices Choir celebration at the MEN arena in Manchester, a fantastic event that both I and the children are bound to enjoy.
Mr Gibson and the SFOA Choir.