We are very proud of the provision we make for children identified as Able, Gifted & Talented (A,G&T) at St Francis Of Assisi.
We keep a register of children who have been identified as able and/or talented, which is continuously updated and revised termly.
Our provision, which is continuously developing, includes:
* providing teaching which makes learning challenging and enjoyable and enables our more and most able pupils to achieve their potential.
* extension groups in all year groups across the school.
* a wide range of after school clubs that provide enjoyment and challenge to nurture children's gifts and talents. Chess, baking, guitar, choir are just a few of our clubs on offer. Our wide range of sports clubs, include football, tennis, table tennis, archery and curling.
* working in partnership with Our Lady Queen Of Peace High School. This includes an engineering day for Y5/6 pupils, sessions delivered by the maths department to a group of able Y6 mathematicians as well as their staff delivering Art, Spanish, Japanese and Science lessons to Y5 & 6 pupils.
* a maths challenge evening for able mathematicians in Y6 at Lathom High School
* Able, Gifted & Talented events provided by the WLSSP (West Lancashire School Sport Partnership) in all areas of PE.
* St Francis Of Assisi school talent show - every year we hold our own talent show, providing an opportunity for children to demonstrate their (sometimes hidden) talents!